An Afternoon of Tea and Tradition
Bring out your best tablecloth and your finest dishware for an afternoon of entertaining. And make it easy with the help of our Deli and Bakery. Follow these ideas and suggestions to enjoy a little tea time.
Set the Scene
A few special touches are all it takes to make an afternoon tea memorable. Try these tips for a little extra elegance at your event.
- Opt for linen napkins instead of paper, and pair teacups with matching saucers.
- Decorate simply with flowers from the backyard, or pick up a small arrangement at Publix.
- Display small bites on a tiered cake stand; check your local thrift store for vintage options.
- Use a mix of traditional and modern pieces—such as silver serving trays next to white porcelain dishes—for a beautiful presentation.
Put together a menu with lots of flair but little fuss. Serve a simple yet classy spread of savory and sweet items with a selection of tasty teas.
- Brew a variety of teas such as Earl Grey, English Breakfast, or a caffeine-free option like chamomile. Try a bold, fruity flavor that you think your guests might like as well.
- Remember to set out sugar, cream, and slices of lemon.
- Serve individual portions and bite-size goodies such as finger sandwiches—with the crusts removed—and warm scones with butter and jam.
- Extra tip: For neater sandwich edges, chill the bread in the refrigerator before slicing.
Even if cooking isn’t necessarily your cup of tea, Publix has a wide variety of items that you can pick up or prepare quickly and easily. These flavor combination ideas are sure to impress your guests.
- Publix Deli Chicken Breast Salad with spinach leaf on Publix Bakery Pumpernickel Bread
- Publix Deli Savory Tarragon Chicken Breast Salad with chopped parsley served on thin-sliced Publix Bakery Breakfast Bread
- Publix Deli Garlic and Herb Goat Cheese Spread on Publix Bakery Pumpernickel Bread
- Publix Pimento Spread on Publix Premium Buttercrust Bread
- Publix Bakery Brownie Bites, Mini Scones, and Coconut Macaroons
- Publix Deli Fruit & Nut Roll-Ups
Sweeten the season with white cake recipes from Southern Living.