If you pay close attention to the foods you eat and serve your family and friends, you’re not alone. Today’s grocery shoppers are highly selective about the products they buy and seek transparency in foods, with many looking for certified-organic products and avoiding items with added hormones and certain additives.1
Publix offers a variety of convenient solutions to help you make informed decisions about the products you choose and the foods you eat.
GreenWise: Products from a Shared Belief in Good
Publix developed the GreenWise line of products to address our customers’ desires. When you see a GreenWise product at Publix, you can rest assured it meets at least one of the following requirements:
- USDA Organic
- Made with at least 70% organic ingredients
- Made without artificial preservatives, flavors, or colors; may contain colors from natural sources
- Raised without antibiotics or added hormones; federal regulations prohibit the use of added hormones in poultry and pork; all GreenWise meats are fed a 100% vegetarian diet
- Non-food products that make an environmental claim on the package
We’ve even developed a list of more than 100 ingredients you won’t find in our GreenWise foods and beverages. We review and update it annually to ensure that it reflects both our strict standards and feedback from our customers.
In addition to avoiding certain ingredients, GreenWise products use only:
- added colors from natural sources
- flours that are unbleached and unbromated
- expeller-pressed oils
- dairy products from animals that have not received rbST2
Going for GreenWise
When you’re shopping at Publix, look for our ever-growing selection of GreenWise products throughout the store. Here are a few examples.
Plentiful breakfast solutions:
- Stock up on GreenWise granola, cereals, and frozen waffles.
- Don’t forget the GreenWise eggs, milk, and yogurt.
- Short on time for breakfast? Try a Peach-Mango Protein Smoothie with our GreenWise vanilla flavor protein powder.
Organic Bakery breads:
- GreenWise organic bakery breads are available in four varieties—perfect for your avocado toast or other creations.
- You can also use them for the breading in our Aprons Crispy Chicken with Apple Relish & Green Beans recipe.
- Or try them as bread crumbs in our Aprons Mushroom-Chicken Meatloaf with Spicy Butternut Smash recipe.
Get your chili fix:
Ready for a batch of fall-inspired chili? We have all the ingredients you need, such as:
- GreenWise ground meats including turkey, beef, or chicken
- GreenWise organic diced tomatoes along with GreenWise organic beans, available in red kidney, black, garbanzo, and pinto varieties
- GreenWise organic cayenne pepper to add some zing
Dinner in 20:
Prepare a delicious meal for your family in just 20 minutes with our Aprons Chicken Sausage-Pomodoro Sauté with Parmesan Quinoa, featuring GreenWise quinoa (organic and gluten free) and GreenWise smoked chicken sausage.
Wellness Icons: Easy Ways to Shop Your Health Goals
Publix offers easy-to-spot wellness icons on our shelves to help point you in the right direction when shopping your health goals.
Look for the Leaf
Products with the leaf icon are made without artificial preservatives, flavors, or colors. Any coloring found in these products is derived from a natural source. Check out the list of ingredients you won’t find in products with a leaf icon here.
Discover all the items with the leaf icon at Publix.
Find Your Organics
Publix has loads of organic food options. Whether you’re looking for USDA-certified organic products or items made with at least 70% organic ingredients, all you need to do is look for the teal shelf tags while you shop. Then spot the USDA Organic or Made with at Least 70% Organic Ingredients icons on the tags. It’s that simple!
Learn more about our organic tags and icons here.
See What’s Gluten Free
As more customers delve into gluten-free eating, more options continue to pop up on Publix shelves. When shopping for gluten-free items, keep your eyes peeled for the purple-and-white gluten free icon to zero in on exactly what you need. You’ll find gluten-free products throughout the store.
1 The Nielsen Company, LLC. "It's Clear: Transparency Is Driving FMCG Growth." Nielsen.com. June 5, 2018.
2 The Food and Drug Administration has determined that there is no significant difference between milk from rbST-treated cows and non-rbST-treated cows.