You have ambitious goals of preparing scratch-made meals for your family every night. The reality is that you come home from work to a full calendar of activities, sports, and more.
Not to worry. You can still pull off balanced meals to meet your health goals—even on the busiest days—with our simple shortcuts, tips, and step-savers.
Your Ultimate Time-Savers!
- Try grocery delivery* from Publix. Powered by Instacart. Shop from your computer or mobile device. Make better choices for your family—delivered right to your door.
- Enjoy Publix pickup.* Powered by Instacart. Order ahead and schedule a time to arrive in a designated parking spot and have your groceries brought to your car.
- Publix online ordering is a simple way to preorder Deli meats and cheeses, and a variety of meals such as subs or platters.
*Item prices vary from in-store prices. Service fees may apply. Available in select zip codes or locations.
When you see a busy week ahead, plan for quick meals that fit your health goals. Mix and match your family’s favorites so you can easily put together breakfasts, lunches, and dinners you feel good about.
Ideas from the freezer:
- Pick up microwaveable frozen vegetables, quinoa, brown rice, and carb alternatives (riced cauliflower and veggie noodles).
- Choose simple recipes that call for frozen ingredients, such as our Pork Chili Rancho featuring frozen riced cauliflower and diced vegetables, or our plant-based Lentil Burger with Cool Avocado Salsa using frozen veggies.
- Protein-rich frozen fruit smoothies make perfect on-the-go breakfasts. Try our Peach-Mango Protein Smoothies or Berry PB Protein Smoothies.
Grocery section genius:
- Enjoy the convenience of precooked grains, such as quinoa and brown rice blends. Just microwave and go. They’re perfect as sides or in recipes, such as our Cowboy Chicken and Rice.
- Stock up on canned beans for soups, stews, salads, and casseroles. Look for Better Choice shelf tags to opt for less sodium, or rinse beans before use. Step up taco night with our Smoked Paprika Fish Tacos with Black Bean-Pineapple Salsa.
Quick picks from produce:
- Simplify recipes with prediced veggies, such as tomatoes, onions, or trinity mix.
- Grab ready-to-cook vegetable blends (bake in bag or microwave) as go-to sides.
- Prechopped herbs and pastes save time and have longer shelf lives.
- Spiralized vegetables are delicious carb substitutes and ideal in recipes, such as our Grilled Fish with Skinny Grains and Tangled Beet Salad or Lentil Bolognese over Zoodles.
- Precut fruit makes a sweetly delicious, ready-to-eat snack, side, or dessert.
Making time for meats:
- Pick up some ready-to-grill kabobs (sirloin or top round steak, pork loin, turkey breast, or chicken) or marinated meats (choose those with less saturated fat and sodium).
- Use fully cooked chicken sausage to save time in these recipes: Chicken Bolognese over Pasta or Chicken Sausage-Pomodoro Sauté with Parmesan Quinoa.
Serving up seafood:
- According to the 2015–2020 Dietary Guidelines for Americans, it’s important to get your two servings of seafood each week. Publix offers a variety of fresh and frozen seafood, from shrimp, scallops, and clams to salmon, tuna, and halibut.
- Try simple preparation techniques, such as roasting, broiling, or sautéing, with olive oil and light seasoning.
- Our Pan-Roasted Fish with Rice and Cilantro-Edamame Pesto includes several step-savers: shelled edamame, precooked quinoa and rice, prechopped garlic and lightly dried cilantro, and bottled lime juice.
Doing up Deli:
- For lunch, stack sandwiches with Deli meats that are lower in sodium and cheeses that are lower in saturated fats and sodium. Or change up your child’s lunchbox with our Kids Bento Box ideas.
- Our Deli oven-roasted chicken is not only delicious—it’s also versatile. Pick one up and serve it as your main course, or use it in your favorite recipes.
Chef’s Salad à la You
Another simple meal that doesn’t require cooking is a chef’s salad with your favorite ingredients. Start with prebagged romaine or sweet butter lettuce. Slice or chop veggies such as tomatoes, cucumbers, green or red bell peppers, and carrots. Add sliced preboiled eggs, reduced-fat shredded cheese, and reduced-sodium lean turkey or chicken. Top with reduced-fat dressing and serve with whole wheat mountain bread from the Bakery.
Your Time for Wellness
On a daily basis you may be starved for time—and ways to keep up with your routine without sacrificing your health goals. As your wellness ally, Publix is here to help. We’re in your corner with shortcuts, recipes, and tips to help you and your family find time for wellness.
For the Love of You
Choosing how you eat is uniquely personal. It’s about your needs, your preferences, and your goals. As your wellness ally, Publix is in your corner with fresh ideas, recipes, and wellness icons that make it easier to shift toward wiser food choices. It’s all about you, at your very best.