-- Prepare rice through step 3 - 10 minutes
-- While rice cooks, prepare chicken and suggested side dishes; serve - 25 minutes
Honey Ginger Chicken
1/4 cup ginger spice paste
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 3/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon canola oil
1/4 cup honey
1. Combine ginger paste, salt, and pepper in medium bowl. Place flour on plate (may be paper). Dip both sides of chicken in flour; shake off excess. Dip in ginger mixture, coating both sides (wash hands).
2. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place oil in pan, then add chicken; cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden.
3. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook 5-7 minutes or until 165°F. Slice chicken and drizzle with honey. Serve.
1 teaspoon canola oil
1 cup basmati rice
1 3/4 cups water
2 teaspoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat medium saucepan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place oil in pan, then add rice; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until evenly coated and hot.
2. Stir in water, sugar, and vanilla. Bring to a boil and cover; cook and stir 1 minute.
3. Reduce heat to lowest setting; cook 22 minutes. (Do not stir or remove cover during cooking.) Fluff rice with fork and serve.
-- Complete your meal with steamed broccoli, egg rolls, fresh fruit, and fortune cookies.
-- For perfect rice, use a pot with a tight-fitting lid. Rice cooks by steaming, so once covered, no peeking! Remove from heat after 22 minutes; rice will keep warm without overcooking.