You tie the knot. We’ll frost the cake.
Your wedding is a special and cherished moment in your life, and you deserve the perfect cake to celebrate. One that’s delicious and beautifully decorated to match your colors and reception.
That’s where we come in: You can count on us to give you the very best. We’ll make a custom wedding cake that feeds as many people as you need and looks the way you want.
As you browse our cakes and begin selecting flavors, know that we can customize nearly anything. Prefer a color other than the one shown? Just ask us! Want more tiers or a smaller cake? Consider it done. Want a different shape? We can do that too. Let’s start planning!
How to order your wedding cake.
- Contact a decorator! Visit a Publix Bakery near you to set up an initial consultation with a catering consultant or Bakery manager. Allow at least four weeks to order.
- Finalize flavors and customizations. Pick cake flavors, fillings, icing type and colors, sizes, and more. Find them all below or in-store. Don’t forget to set up a complimentary cake tasting!
- Pick up and enjoy. We’re happy to deliver your cake for an additional fee, or you can pick it up if you prefer.
Customize your cake.
Select a flavor.Now for the fun part. Check out all the flavors, icings, and fillings available!
- Cake flavors: carrot with nuts, chocolate, marble, red velvet, superfetti, vanilla, vanilla-chocolate combo
- Icing: buttercream, chocolate buttercream, chocolate fudge, rolled fondant, wedding cream cheese (a blend of buttercream and cream cheese)
- Fruit fillings: cherry, fresh strawberry, guava, lemon, lemon-raspberry, pineapple, raspberry
- Decadent fillings: cannoli, cookies and cream mousse, dulce de leche, hazelnut cream cheese, hummingbird, mascarpone cream cheese
- Custard fillings: chocolate, fresh banana, fresh raspberry, fresh strawberry, vanilla
Additional flavors may be available upon request. Some selections may vary in cost and require refrigeration.
Schedule a free tasting.
Enjoy a complimentary cake tasting! While we are happy to customize your choices, our classic cake samplers include our most popular selections:
- Vanilla cake with buttercream icing
- Chocolate cake with chocolate fudge icing
- Carrot cake with nuts and wedding cream cheese icing
- Red velvet cake with wedding cream cheese icing
You’ll also get a taste of our most popular fillings:
- Cookies and cream mousse
- Fresh strawberry
- Vanilla custard
Ready to schedule your tasting? Swing by your local Bakery or contact us now.
Select the right size.
Begin with the size of your reception or party: How many guests do you expect? Figure at least one slice of cake per guest.
Our servings suggestions chart shows the sizes and approximate number of servings for each cake shape. Servings are based on a three-layer, 2 oz slice. Find cake-specific size information on the individual cake pages in our cake catalog.
The icing on the cake.
We can help you carry your selected wedding colors through to your cake’s icing. Just bring in a swatch of fabric or ribbon and we can match it. We can also assist you in choosing a complementary accent color.
Prepare for your consultation.
What to bring.
Make sure to have the following items with you when you meet with a Bakery decorator:
- Swatches for your color palette. We can color-match icing, if needed.
- Any wedding cake toppers you’d like to use.
- Pictures of flowers and decorations you may want to incorporate.*
- An estimated number of guests to help determine the size of your cake.
- Wedding theme and any inspiration you’d like to share with us.
- Venue information for cake delivery.
*We’re unable to use fresh flowers on our cakes at this time, but you are welcome to add them yourself.
When to order.
- Schedule a consultation at least six weeks before your wedding.
- Order your cake at least four weeks in advance.
- Payment is required at least seven days before cake delivery.
We will deliver your cake from the Publix closest to your venue, up to 30 miles. Please work with your Bakery to determine the best delivery time. We can also transfer your order to another Publix Bakery if you’re planning a destination wedding. Just let us know during your consultation.
Wedding day tips & tricks.
Displaying your cake.
We recommend displaying your cake on a table large enough to show it off while still leaving room for floral accents, greenery, and a special cake knife. Make a real presentation by adding ribbons and confetti.
Preserving the top tier.
If you’d like to preserve the top tier of your wedding cake to enjoy on your first anniversary, we can provide a cake dome to preserve it in your freezer.
Follow these tips to ensure it’s just as tasty as when you said I do:
- Remove all decorations until it’s just cake and icing.
- Place the cake in the freezer until it’s solid. This keeps the icing from being damaged.
- Remove the cake from the freezer and wrap loosely in several layers of plastic wrap, not aluminum foil. Place the wrapped cake in the cake dome and wrap with more plastic wrap.
- Be sure to clearly label it so you don’t accidentally thaw it or throw it away. Place it in the freezer.
A couple of days before you celebrate your anniversary, take the cake out of the box and place in the refrigerator to thaw (about 48 hours). Let the cake sit at room temperature for 1–2 hours before you slice.
A bright sun and gentle breeze make the great outdoors a beautiful choice for your wedding, but it’s best to take some extra precautions for your cake. Follow these tips to ensure it withstands a day in the elements:
- Never put your cake in direct sunlight. Keep it in the shade—even in cool weather.
- Watch out for creepy-crawlies! Keep the ants away by ensuring the tablecloth is off the ground.
- Never let your cake sit out for an extended period of time. Make sure your venue can keep it refrigerated until right before the reception.
- Avoid fresh fruit and creamy fillings—including cannoli and mascarpone cream cheese—as they require refrigeration. These fillings are great in room temperature environments but are not appropriate for beach receptions or outdoor venues.
Weddings are just one of life’s special moments that we can help you celebrate. We can create beautiful cakes for bridal showers, groom’s cakes, and cakes for special occasions, including milestone anniversary celebrations. Let us help make every celebration a sweet one.
Need help with floral arrangements and catering? Use the links below to explore our other services.