You tie the knot. We’ll frost the cake.
Your wedding is a special and cherished moment in your life, and you deserve the perfect cake to celebrate. One that’s delicious and beautifully decorated to match your colors and reception.
That’s where we come in: You can count on us to give you the very best. We’ll make a custom wedding cake that feeds as many people as you need and looks the way you want.
As you browse our cakes and begin selecting flavors, know that we can customize nearly anything. Prefer a color other than the one shown? Just ask us! Want more tiers or a smaller cake? Consider it done. Want a different shape? We can do that too. Let’s start planning!
How to order your wedding cake.
- Contact a decorator! Visit a Publix Bakery near you to set up an initial consultation. Allow at least four weeks to order.
- Choose your cake. Browse cakes via the above link or the cake book in stores. Then work with your decorator to customize it to your liking.
- Finalize flavors and customizations. Pick cake flavors, fillings, icing type and colors, sizes, and more. Find them all below or in-store. Don’t forget to set up a complimentary cake tasting!
- Pick up and enjoy. We’re happy to deliver your cake for an additional fee, or you can pick it up if you prefer.
Customize your cake.
Selecting a flavor.Now for the fun part. Check out all the flavors, icings, and fillings available!
- Types of cake: vanilla, chocolate, confetti, vanilla-chocolate combo, marble
- Types of icing: buttercream, chocolate fudge, cream cheese, fondant
- Types of filling: cannoli, cherry, dulce de leche, fresh strawberry, guava, hazelnut cream cheese, lemon, pineapple, raspberry, raspberry custard, vanilla custard, chocolate custard
Additional flavors may be available upon request.
Selecting the right size.
Begin with the size of your reception or party: How many guests do you expect? Figure at least one slice of cake per guest.
Our servings suggestions chart shows the sizes and approximate number of servings for each cake shape. Servings are based on a three-layer, 2 oz slice. Find cake-specific size information on the individual cake pages in our cake catalog.
The icing on the cake.
We can help you carry your selected wedding colors through to your cake’s icing. Just bring in a swatch of fabric or ribbon and we can match it. We can also assist you in choosing a complementary accent color.
Wedding day tips & tricks.
Displaying your cake.
We recommend displaying your cake on a table large enough to show it off while still leaving room for floral accents, greenery, and a special cake knife. Make a real presentation by adding ribbons and confetti.
Preserving the top tier.
If you’d like to preserve the top tier of your wedding cake to enjoy on your first anniversary, we can provide a top-tier box made just for your freezer.
Keep the top of your wedding cake just as beautiful for your first anniversary as it is for the day of your wedding by following these suggestions:
- Remove any decorations until it’s just cake and icing.
- Freeze until the cake is solid. (This keeps the icing from being damaged.)
- Wrap loosely in several layers of plastic wrap—not aluminum foil. Place in the cake box and wrap with more plastic wrap.
- Seal the cake in an airtight freezer bag and store in the coldest part of your freezer. (Be sure to label it clearly so you don't accidentally thaw it or throw it away.)
A couple of days before you celebrate your first wedding anniversary, take the cake out of the box and place in the refrigerator to thaw (about 48 hours). Let the cake stand at room temperature for 1–2 hours. Slice and enjoy!
Weddings are just one of life’s special moments that we can help you celebrate. We can create beautiful cakes for bridal showers, groom’s cakes, and cakes for special occasions, including milestone anniversary celebrations. Let us help make every celebration a sweet one.
Need help with floral arrangements and catering? Use the links below to explore our other services.