Chicken Saltimbocca With Arugula Salad
- Makes 4 Servings
- Total Time:
- 15 minutes
- Active Time:
- 15 minutes
-- Prepare chicken through step 2 - 5 minutes
-- Prepare salad and complete chicken; serve - 10 minutes
1/4 cup flour
1 lb boneless chicken cutlets
1 tablespoon canola oil
4 slices prosciutto (about 2 1/2 oz)
1/8 teaspoon pepper
4 small fresh sage leaves
4 thin slices Swiss cheese
1 cup specialty tomato basil pasta sauce
1. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place flour in shallow bowl. Dip chicken in flour, coating both sides, then shaking off any excess (wash hands).
2. Place oil in pan, then add chicken; cook 3-4 minutes on one side.
3. Turn chicken; reduce heat to medium. Place one prosciutto slice on each cutlet and sprinkle with pepper; add one sage leaf and top with one cheese slice. Cover and cook 3-4 more minutes or until chicken is 165°F.
4. Place pasta sauce in microwave-safe bowl and cover; microwave on HIGH 3-4 minutes or until hot. Spoon sauce onto serving plates, place chicken on sauce, and serve.
1 bag baby arugula leaves (4-5 oz)
1/4 cup roasted garlic almonds
2 tablespoons cooked bacon pieces
2 tablespoons pre-diced onions
2 tablespoons Caesar dressing
1. Place all ingredients (except dressing) in salad bowl.
2. Add dressing; toss and serve.
-- Complete your meal with fresh linguine, garlic bread, and chocolate cake for dessert.
-- If only large sage leaves are available, slice 3 leaves thinly and divide over the chicken cutlets.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 330kcal; FAT 17g; CHOL 95mg; SODIUM 790mg; CARB 10g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 34g; VIT A 10%; VIT C 15%; CALC 6%; IRON 10%
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 110kcal; FAT 9g; CHOL 5mg; SODIUM 210mg; CARB 3g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 3g; VIT A 15%; VIT C 8%; CALC 8%; IRON 4%