GreenWise stands for goodness.
We all believe in good, whether that’s how you eat, how you feel, or how you want to feel.
That’s why all GreenWise products meet one or more of these strict requirements:
- USDA Organic
- Made with at least 70% organic ingredients
- Made without the specific preservatives, flavors, and colors listed at publix.com/thelist; products may contain colors from natural sources.
- Raised without antibiotics or added hormones;* all GreenWise meats are fed a 100% vegetarian diet
- Nonfood products that make an environmental claim on the package
You helped create these requirements. We listened when you told us that you don’t want artificial preservatives or flavors in your food. So over the years, we’ve developed a list of ingredients you won’t find in our GreenWise products. We review and update it annually to ensure that it reflects both our strict standards and feedback from you, our customers. In addition to avoiding certain ingredients, GreenWise products use only:
- added colors from natural sources
- flours that are unbleached and unbromated
- expeller-pressed oils or physically extracted oils
- dairy products from animals that have not received rbST†
We want you always to know where GreenWise products stand when it comes to what’s in your food. And what isn’t.
*Federal regulations prohibit the use of hormones in poultry. †The Food and Drug Administration has determined that there is no significant difference between milk from rbST-treated cows and non-rbST-treated cows.
Look for this icon to find USDA-certified organic items. Our USDA Organic icon lets you know that a particular product is made with 95% or more certified organic ingredients. The product label must state the name of the certifying agency.
Made with at Least 70% Organic Ingredients
This icon lets you know that the product is made with 70% or more certified organic ingredients. The product label must state the name of the certifying agency.
Items with this designation are USDA-regulated and were raised with no antibiotics or added hormones.* In addition, all GreenWise meats are fed a 100% vegetarian diet.
*Federal law prohibits the use of hormones in poultry.
These GreenWise products make an environmental claim on the package.