-- Prepare turkey through step 6 and begin to microwave vegetables: 20 minutes
-- Complete stroganoff; complete vegetables and serve: 15 minutes
Turkey Portabella Stroganoff With Egg Noodles
1 pound turkey cutlets (or use leftover turkey)
large zip-top bag
1/4 cup flour + 3 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/4 cup garlic butter
2 tablespoons frozen diced onions
8 ounces sliced baby portabella mushrooms
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon browning sauce
1 tablespoon ketchup
1/4 cup sherry
1 (14-ounce) can low-sodium chicken broth
1 (12-ounce) jar beef gravy
1/2 cup sour cream
12 ounces wide egg noodles (3/4 bag)
1/4 cup water
1. Cut turkey into bite-size pieces. Wash hands.
2. Preheat large saucepan on medium-high 2-3 minutes.
3. Place 1/4 cup flour and seasoned salt in zip-top bag; shake to mix. Using tongs, add turkey, seal tightly and shake to coat. (If using leftover turkey, skip this step).
4. Place butter in large saucepan, swirling to coat. Heat 1 minute. Add turkey; cook 4-6 minutes (2-3 minutes, if using leftover turkey), stirring occasionally.
5. Fill medium saucepan 1/2 full of water. Cover and bring to boil on high heat for pasta.
6. Stir into turkey: onions, mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce, browning sauce and ketchup. Sauté 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Stir into turkey, in this order: sherry, chicken broth, gravy, then sour cream. Bring just to boil, about 10-15 minutes. (Note: By adding ingredients in this order it prevents the sour cream from curdling).
8. Stir pasta into boiling water. Boil 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
9. In small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons flour and 1/4 cup water until creamy. Slowly, while stirring constantly, add to turkey mixture. Bring just to boil, then reduce heat to low. Simmer 3 minutes.
10. Drain pasta and serve. (Makes 6 servings.)
Cheesy Alpine Blend
1 (16-ounce) bag frozen Alpine blend vegetables
1/2 cup processed bar cheese (about 4 ounces)
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1. Place vegetables in microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high 8 minutes.
2. Cut cheese into 1/2-inch cubes. Add cheese and seasoned salt to vegetables; cover and microwave on high 2 more minutes.
3. Stir well to mix. Serve.
This recipe can be served over leftover mashed potatoes or even stuffing. Omit the egg noodles if doing so.