12 oz mini sweet (or bell) peppers
4 oz Deli Pecorino Romano cheese
1 1/2 lb boneless grilling steaks (such as NY strip, ribeye, or tenderloin)
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 teaspoon barbecue seasoning
- Preheat grill. Remove stems and membrane from peppers; cut in half lengthwise.
- Cut four 1/2-inch-thick slices from widest part of cheese, away from point.
- Coat steaks with 1 tablespoon oil and sprinkle with seasoning. Place steaks and peppers on grill; grill 8–10 minutes, turning occasionally, until peppers are tender and charred and steaks are 125°F (for medium rare; warm red center), 130°F (for medium; warm pink center), or up to 170°F (for well done). Transfer steaks to cutting board; let stand 5–10 minutes before slicing. Temperature will rise 5–10°F during this time.
- Grill cheese slices 1–2 minutes on each side; set aside to cool.
- Remove black bits from peppers (if desired). Chop peppers and cheese into small bite-size pieces; stir in remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Top steaks with relish. Serve.
NOTE: The doneness temperatures for medium rare and medium stated above are traditional temperatures used for cooking steaks, but are not recommended by the USDA. To maintain food safety, the USDA recommends an internal temperature of 145°F, as measured using a food thermometer, with a 3-minute rest time before carving.
6 slices precooked bacon
2 ears fresh yellow corn
1 cup fresh prediced tomatoes
1/4 cup presliced green onions
1/3 cup Asiago peppercorn dressing
4 regular (or 3 jumbo) Bakery corn muffins
- Microwave bacon following package instructions; chop and place in medium bowl. Remove corn from cob.
- Add remaining ingredients (except corn muffins) to bacon, stir until blended.
- Break corn muffins into large chunks (be careful not to crumble into small pieces); fold into bacon mixture. Serve.