1 1/4 lb boneless NY strip steaks
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup fat-free sun-dried tomato vinaigrette
1 packet brown gravy mix (about 1 oz)
Large zip-top bag
- Preheat grill (or grill pan). Cut steaks into 4 portions, if desired; season with salt and pepper (wash hands). Place vinaigrette and dry gravy mix in zip-top bag; shake to mix. Place steaks in bag; seal tightly and knead bag to coat steaks. Let stand 10 minutes to marinate.
- Place steaks on grill and cover loosely with foil (or close lid), discarding marinade; grill 4–5 minutes on each side and until steaks are 125°F (for medium rare; warm red center), 130°F (for medium; warm pink center), or up to 170°F (for well done). Transfer steaks to cutting board; let stand 5–10 minutes before slicing. Temperature will rise 5–10°F during this time. Serve.
NOTE: The doneness temperatures for medium rare and medium stated above are traditional temperatures used for cooking steaks, but are not recommended by the USDA. To maintain food safety, the USDA recommends an internal temperature of 145°F, as measured using a food thermometer, with a 3-minute rest time before carving.
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 teaspoons minced garlic
4 oz fresh presliced baby portabellas
8 oz tomato trinity (fresh diced onions, tomatoes, bell peppers)
1 (8.8-oz) pouch precooked white rice
1/2 cup Alfredo sauce
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
4 fresh basil leaves
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place butter in pan, then add garlic and mushrooms; cook and stir 3–4 minutes or until browned.
- Stir in tomato trinity; cook and stir 4–5 minutes or until peppers are tender and onions are browned.
- Stir in rice, Alfredo sauce, and cheese, then cover. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Chop basil leaves finely (1 tablespoon). Stir into rice and serve.