2 prepared pie crusts
1 (21-oz) can peach pie filling
1 (4-oz) package fresh blueberries (or 3/4 cup pitted cherries)
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
Nonstick aluminum foil
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 teaspoon turbinado (raw) sugar
Active Time: 15 minutes, Total Time: 1 hour (Makes 12 servings.)
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Remove pie crusts from package and let stand 4-5 minutes. Combine pie filling, fresh fruit, and allspice.
2. Place 2 (10x12-inch) foil sheets on work surface; unroll crusts over foil. Pour one-half of filling into center of each crust. Fold edge of crust toward center, over filling. Work clockwise around the edge, overlapping folds, and leaving about 2-3 inches open in center. Repeat with second pie. Gently transfer pies (on foil) to baking sheet.
3. Melt butter in microwave. Brush crusts with butter; sprinkle with sugar. Bake pies 25-30 minutes or until tops are golden. Transfer pies (on foil) to wire cooling rack. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Alternate Fruit Combinations:
1. Blueberry pie filling, fresh pear or pineapple, 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
2. Apple pie filling, fresh raspberries, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
3. Cherry pie filling, fresh apple or pineapple, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon