-- Prepare yucca and begin to cook - 5 minutes
-- About 15 minutes into cook time, prepare shrimp - 15 minutes
-- Complete yucca and serve - 20 minutes
Shrimp and Peppers in Vinaigrette
2 medium onions, thinly sliced
2 medium red (or green) bell peppers, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons cilantro, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 1/2 lb peeled/deveined shrimp
1 cup mojo marinade
1/3 cup coconut milk
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
-- Slice onions and peppers.
-- Chop cilantro.
1. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place oil in pan, then add onions and peppers; cook 2-3 minutes or until slightly tender.
2. Stir in shrimp; cook 2-3 more minutes or until shrimp are opaque.
3. Remove pan from heat; stir in remaining ingredients (except cilantro) until blended. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
Buttered Yucca With Olives
1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
1 1/2 lb fresh yucca
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 cup sliced, stuffed green olives
3/4 cup mojo marinade
-- Slice onion.
-- Peel yucca and cut into 4-inch pieces; then cut each piece lengthwise into quarters.
1. Place yucca and water (enough to cover) in large stockpot. Cover and bring to a boil on high; boil 25-30 minutes or until tender.
2. Drain yucca.
3. Place in same pot: butter, olives, mojo, and onions; stir in yucca until blended. Serve.
-- Complete your meal with a fresh Caesar salad, Cuban bread, and flan for dessert.
-- Frozen yucca can be used in place of fresh; simply boil for 4-5 more minutes.