-- Prepare suggested sides, if serving
-- Prepare fish recipe through step 1, begin carrots - 15 minutes
-- While carrots finish, complete fish recipe; serve - 10 minutes
Sesame Fish in Miso Broth
4 green onions, thinly sliced
2 (3.5-oz) packages shiitake mushrooms
2 firm white fish fillets (such as snapper, cod, or haddock; about 12 oz), thawed
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons Szechuan sauce
4 tablespoons sesame seeds
2 tablespoons canola oil
4 (.74-oz) miso soup cups
4 teaspoons eel (or hoisin) sauce
-- Bring water to boil for soup.
-- Slice green onions (about 1/4 cup).
-- Remove shiitake stems; slice shiitakes thinly.
-- Cut each fillet in half.
1. Season fish with salt and pepper; brush evenly with Szechuan sauce. Place sesame seeds on plate; roll fish in sesame seeds, coating all sides.
2. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place oil in pan, then add fish; cook 2-3 minutes on each side until 145°F or until fish flakes easily. Prepare soup following package instructions for boiling water.
3. Transfer fish to four serving bowls; top with shitakes. Pour soup over fish; drizzle with eel sauce and top with green onions. Serve.
8 green onions, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 (16-oz) bag fresh sliced carrots
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup refrigerated ginger dressing
1 tablespoon sugar
-- Slice green onions (about 1/2 cup).
1. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place oil in pan, then add carrots; cook and stir 1-2 minutes. Add water and cover; cook 3-4 more minutes or until tender.
2. Whisk ginger dressing and sugar until blended. Stir into carrots; cook 2-3 minutes or until sauce thickens. Top with green onions; serve.
-- Complete your meal with brown rice, steamed edamame, and a Bakery decadent dessert.
-- You can also finish the soup with a drizzle of sesame or chile oil for added flavor.