4 salmon fillets (1 1/2 lb; skin removed)
1 (6.1-oz) box 5-minute butter-herb wild rice
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons white vinegar
2 tablespoons red raspberry preserves
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Butter (or regular) cooking spray
- Preheat grill pan (or grill).
- Always check fish for bones.
- Prepare rice following package instructions using butter.
- Whisk vinegar and raspberry preserves until blended. Sprinkle fish with pepper, then coat with spray (wash hands).
- Place salmon in grill pan (or on grill) and cover; grill 3–4 minutes on each side and until 145°F (or flesh is opaque and separates easily). Serve salmon over rice. Top with raspberry sauce.
1 lb fresh asparagus spears
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Remove tough root end from asparagus.
- Place water in pan and bring to a boil. Add asparagus and cover; cook and stir 3 minutes or until tender.
- Drain asparagus and return to pan. Stir in butter and seasoned salt. Serve.