Party Chicken With Broccoli Salad
- Makes 4 Servings
- Total Time:
- 60 minutes
- Active Time:
- 15 minutes
-- Prepare chicken through prep and step 2; begin to bake - 10 minutes
-- Prepare salad and chill - 5 minutes
-- Complete chicken and serve - 45 minutes
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 cup flour
large zip-top bag
1 3/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 (10.75-ounce) can reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup light mayonnaise
1 1/2 cups panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
-- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat 13- x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
-- Cut butter into small pieces and place in medium bowl to soften.
1. Place flour in large zip-top bag. Season chicken with pepper; add to bag (wash hands). Seal bag; shake to coat. Remove chicken from bag; shake off excess flour. Arrange chicken in baking dish.
2. Combine soup and mayonnaise; spread evenly over chicken. Stir panko and cheese into softened butter, mixing until crumbly. Top chicken with cheese mixture; cover dish with foil. Bake 30-35 minutes.
3. Remove foil. Bake 5 more minutes or until top is golden and chicken is 165°F. Slice chicken and serve.
12 oz fresh broccoli florets
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
3 tablespoons cooked bacon pieces
8 oz light Vidalia onion dressing (1 cup)
1. Cut broccoli into bite-size pieces, if desired; place in medium bowl.
2. Add remaining ingredients; toss to coat. Chill until ready to serve.
-- Complete your meal with rice blend, dinner rolls, and carrot cake for dessert.
-- For an extra cheesy crust on the chicken, replace the bread crumbs with crushed Cheddar cheese goldfish-shaped crackers.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 650kcal; FAT 34g; CHOL 175mg; SODIUM 820mg; CARB 31g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 52g; VIT A 20%; VIT C 0%; CALC 25%; IRON 10%
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 270kcal; FAT 16g; CHOL 20mg; SODIUM 430mg; CARB 27g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 8g; VIT A 50%; VIT C 130%; CALC 20%; IRON 4%