1 quart vegetable oil
1 head cauliflower
1 1/2 cups all-purpose batter mix
1 cup water
1/4 cup buffalo wing sauce
1 tablespoon butter, softened
1/4 cup blue cheese dressing
- Fill fryer with oil and preheat to 350°F. Remove leaves and stem from cauliflower, then cut into florets. Whisk together batter and water.
- Place sauce and butter in large bowl. Dip cauliflower in batter and carefully place in fryer. Cook 3–4 minutes or until golden.
- Drain cauliflower and transfer to bowl with sauce. Toss to coat; serve with blue cheese dressing.
1/2 lb mild Italian sausage, casing removed
1 tablespoon canola oil
1/2 cup pearl couscous
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 1/2 cups tomato-basil pasta sauce
2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
3 packages frozen mini phyllo cups
1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Preheat large, nonstick pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Remove sausage casing: cut in half lengthwise (butterfly); turn sausage over and peel the casing away (wash hands). Place oil in pan, then add sausage; brown 5–7 minutes, stirring to crumble meat, and until no pink remains.
- Stir in couscous, salt, and pasta sauce; reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer 8–10 minutes or until couscous is tender.
- Chop basil. Place about 1 teaspoon meat filling in each phyllo cup. Sprinkle with Parmesan and basil; serve.
Nonstick aluminum foil
1 tablespoon rosemary, finely chopped
4 tablespoons cranberry-orange relish
4 tablespoons orange marmalade
1 wedge Brie cheese (7–8 oz), cubed
1 refrigerated rolled pizza crust
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line baking sheet with foil. Chop rosemary. Combine rosemary, cranberry relish, and marmalade; stir until blended. Cut Brie into small cubes.
- Unroll dough onto baking sheet. Spread cranberry mixture over dough, leaving 2-inch border, then top evenly with Brie.
- Roll dough tightly around filling, starting at the bottom; pinch edges to seal. Place seam-side down, and arrange in a wreath/circle shape in the center of baking sheet; pinch the roll together where ends meet to seal.
- Cut 1/2-inch slits in top of dough about 2 inches apart. Bake 25–30 minutes or until deep golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes to cool; serve warm.