-- Prepare pasta through step 2 - 10 minutes
-- Begin scallop recipe - 5 minutes
-- Continue pasta and then scallops - 5 minutes
-- Complete both and serve - 15 minutes
2 medium yellow squash
2 small zucchini
2 plum tomatoes
1/4 cup white wine
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
12 oz sea scallops
1/4 cup shrimp scampi sauce
-- Preheat broiler.
-- Cut squash, zucchini, and tomatoes into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
1. Combine squash, zucchini, tomatoes, wine, 2 tablespoons olive oil, Italian seasoning, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Arrange in an even layer in 13- x 9-inch baking pan; pour remaining oil mixture over vegetables.
2. Combine scallops, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Arrange scallops on top of vegetables. Broil 8-10 minutes or just until scallops are opaque and firm, and beginning to brown on top.
3. Add scampi sauce then toss to coat vegetables and scallops; serve immediately.
1 small red bell pepper
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
4 oz pre-sliced baby portabella mushrooms
1 (14-oz) can quartered artichoke hearts (drained)
1 1/2 cups water
1/4 cup white wine
1 (4.6-oz) box Italian herb pasta mix
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Cut pepper into thin strips. Place oil in pan and then add peppers and mushrooms; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften.
2. Stir in artichokes, water, wine, and contents of seasoning packet (from pasta mix); bring to a boil.
3. Stir in pasta. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low; cook and stir 8-12 minutes or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
-- Complete your meal with a fresh salad blend, dinner rolls, and a chocolate dessert.
-- The veggies in the scallop recipe will be crisp-tender. For softer veggies, microwave the sliced squash for 2-4 minutes before adding to the tomatoes and seasonings.