1 (12-oz) bag frozen beef Italian-style fully cooked meatballs
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 (16-oz) jar mild salsa
1 small white onion, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup cilantro avocado yogurt dressing
8 oz quesadilla (or mozzarella) cheese, shredded
6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- Microwave meatballs on HIGH for 2–3 minutes or until thawed. Slice each meatball into thirds. Preheat medium saucepan on low 1–2 minutes; then add meatballs. Stir in cumin, chili powder, and salsa, then cover; simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, and until meatballs are 165°F. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Coat 9-inch square baking dish with cooking spray. Chop onion (1/2 cup) and cilantro; combine with dressing. Shred cheese.
- Place tortillas on a flat surface. Place 1/4 cup cheese down center of each tortilla, top with meatballs (reserve sauce), and onion mixture. Fold bottom of tortilla up over filling, then fold over sides while rolling the tortilla around the filling. Place seam side down in baking dish; top with reserved sauce and remaining cheese. Bake 15–18 minutes or until hot. Serve. (Makes 6 servings.)
4 ears fresh corn
1 large tomato
1/2 cup artichoke spinach dip
1 teaspoon jalapeño hot sauce
1/3 cup light mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup presliced green onions
- Remove husks/silks from corn. Stand each cob on end in large bowl, then slice downward to cut off corn kernels. Scrape with back of knife (or use a vegetable peeler) to remove fine bits of corn left on cob. Cut tomatoes in half; squeeze gently to remove most of the seeds, then dice tomato finely.
- Combine dip, hot sauce, mayonnaise, and salt in large bowl until well blended; stir in corn, tomatoes, and onions. Let stand 30 minutes for flavors to blend. Serve with tortilla chips or buttery flavor crackers.