1 tablespoon unsalted butter
3 cloves garlic
1 cup frozen seasoning blend (diced onions, bell peppers, celery)
3 tablespoons diced pimientos
1 cup risotto rice
2 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/4 teaspoon saffron threads
1 lb cooked shrimp, tails off and thawed if needed
1 lemon, for juice
- Preheat large saucepan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place butter in pan; swirl to coat. Crush garlic cloves, using garlic press, into pan. Stir in seasoning blend and pimientos; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until onions begin to soften.
- Stir in risotto; cook 2 minutes, stirring often. Stir in broth and saffron; cover and bring to boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until tender. Meanwhile, pat shrimp dry.
- Stir shrimp into risotto. Squeeze juice of one-half lemon into risotto; cover and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed. Stir and serve.
1 lemon, for zest
2 tablespoons light raspberry vinaigrette
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 package baby salad greens (5–6 oz)
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1 tablespoon crumbled blue cheese
- Zest lemon (1 tablespoon), then place in small bowl with vinaigrette, salt, and pepper; whisk until blended.
- Place remaining ingredients in salad bowl. Add dressing and toss to coat; serve.