1 cup seasoned croutons, finely crushed
1/4 cup slivered almonds, finely crushed
2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
Zest of 1 lemon
1/2 cup three cheese (or original) egg substitute
1/4 cup grated Parmesan/Romano cheese
4 chicken cutlets (about 1 lb)
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 (5.3-oz) cup plain Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon basil pesto
- Crush croutons and almonds (with meat mallet or food processor).
- Chop basil. Zest/grate lemon peel (no white; 2 teaspoons).
- Place eggs in shallow bowl. Combine in second bowl: cheese, croutons, almonds, zest, and basil. Dip chicken into eggs (allowing excess to drip off). Finally, dip chicken into crouton mixture; press with fingertips to evenly coat (wash hands).
- Preheat large nonstick sauté pan on medium 2-3 minutes. Melt butter and oil in pan; cook chicken 2-3 minutes on each side or until chicken is 165°F.
- Combine yogurt and pesto; serve on the side with chicken.
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
1 (20-oz) package cheese tortellini
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup Asiago peppercorn salad dressing
- Bring water to boil for pasta.
- Halve tomatoes. Chop basil leaves coarsely.
- Cook and drain pasta following package instructions.
- Toss pasta with remaining ingredients. Serve warm or chill until ready to serve. (Makes 6 servings.)