1/4 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
1 sweet onion, sliced
Juice of 1 lime
1 1/2 lb grilling steaks (strip, ribeye, tenderloin)
2 1/2 teaspoons garlic/herb seasoning, divided
3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
1/4 cup green pepper sauce
1 (7-oz) package Deli prepared guacamole
2 oz queso fresco (cheese)
- Preheat grill pan (or grill). Chop cilantro; slice onion (2 cups).
- Squeeze lime for juice (1 tablespoon) into small bowl; set aside.
- Season steaks with 2 teaspoons seasoning. Place steaks in grill pan (or on grill); grill 3–4 minutes on each side and until 145°F (for medium-rare). Let steaks stand 5–10 minutes before serving.
- Combine onions with 1 tablespoon canola oil and remaining 1/2 teaspoon seasoning; grill 4–5 minutes or until browned.
- Whisk together lime juice, pepper sauce, and remaining 2 tablespoons canola oil until blended. Pour over top of steaks; top with guacamole and grilled onions. Crumble cheese over onions and sprinkle with cilantro. Serve.
3 plum tomatoes, finely chopped
1 very ripe (black) plantain, coarsely chopped
1/2 poblano pepper, coarsely chopped
2 links cured chorizo sausage (1/2 cup), coarsely chopped
4 ears yellow corn
1/2 cup rice vinegar
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Chop tomatoes, plantain, poblano, and chorizo (1/2 cup); place in medium bowl.
- Remove husks and silks from corn.
- Place corn on baking sheet; bake 12–17 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let stand 2–3 minutes to cool.
- Slice corn off cobs (2–3 cups) and add to tomato mixture; stir in remaining ingredients. Serve. (Makes 6 servings.)