1 package sugar cookie dough (14–16 oz)
3/4 cup raspberry jam, divided
2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- Bake cookies following package instructions. Let stand 5–6 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool.
- Spread 1 tablespoon jam over bottom of 12 cookies, then top with a second cookie. Sprinkle sugar over top of cookies and serve.
Nonstick aluminum foil
1 (8-oz) package cream cheese
1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
1 cup starlight mints (or candy canes), finely crushed
Large zip-top bag
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 box white cake mix (15–18 oz), divided
1 cup white chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with foil. Cut cream cheese and butter into small pieces; place in large bowl to soften. Crush mints in zip-top bag using meat mallet (or use a food processor) until texture of sand.
- Add egg, vanilla, and one-half of the cake mix to cream cheese and butter. Mix with electric mixer 1–2 minutes or until thoroughly blended. Stir in remaining half of cake mix, morsels, and 1/2 cup mints until blended. Place remaining 1/2 cup mints in shallow bowl. Chill dough 10–15 minutes.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and lightly dip tops into reserved mints (about 1/8 teaspoon each). Place cookies on baking sheets, mint side up, 2-inches apart. (Be careful not to allow mints to touch baking sheet as the candy will melt and stick.)
- Bake 10–12 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned and centers are barely set. Let stand 3–4 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool. Serve.
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 box devil’s food cake mix (15–18 oz)
1 large egg (or 1/4 cup egg substitute)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chopped pecans (or walnuts)
2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels, divided
1 (14-oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 13- x 9-inch baking dish with foil. Melt butter.
- Combine in large bowl: butter, cake mix, egg, and vanilla. Blend with electric mixer 1–2 minutes or until crumbly. Transfer 1 cup of mixture to medium bowl; stir in nuts and 1 cup morsels, then set aside.
- Press remaining crumb mixture firmly into baking dish; bake 15 minutes. Place in small saucepan: remaining 1 cup morsels and condensed milk; cook and stir on low 2–3 minutes or until smooth. Pour mixture over crust; top with nut mixture and bake 20–25 minutes or until topping is firm to the touch. Let stand 30–40 minutes or until completely cooled. Remove foil from baking dish and cut into bars. Serve.