Savory Shrimp Crostini
8 oz Neufchatel or reduced-fat cream cheese
4 oz crumbled goat cheese
1 cup fresh mild salsa (from Produce), well drained
1 (8-oz) Bakery baguette (or crispy bagel chips)
12 oz cooked shrimp, coarsely chopped
1. Combine cream cheese and goat cheese in microwave-safe bowl; microwave on HIGH 30-45 seconds or until softened. Stir cheese to blend, then stir in salsa. Refrigerate 10 minutes or until chilled.
2. Cut baguette into 24 (1/2-inch-thick) slices. (Bread may be toasted, if desired.)
3. Chop shrimp. Spread cheese over bread and top with shrimp. Serve.
Total Time: 20 minutes (Makes 24.)
1 (8-oz) can refrigerated crescent dough
1 (22-oz) package fully cooked meatballs in sauce (from Meat)
4 oz fresh mozzarella cheese
12 medium basil leaves, halved
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat baking sheet with spray. Unroll dough; divide dough into triangles, then cut each triangle into 3 even, long strips (24 pieces total).
2. Remove meatballs from sauce (reserve sauce). Cut meatballs into quarters; cut cheese into 24 small pieces and cut basil in half.
3. Place one piece each of meatball, cheese, and basil at one end of dough; roll up and place on baking sheet. Repeat.
4. Coat bundles with spray. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden. Microwave reserved sauce on HIGH for 2 minutes or until hot. Serve sauce on the side for dipping.
Total Time: 25 minutes (Makes 24.)
Asian Pork Won Ton Bites
nonstick aluminum foil
2 cups Deli mojo pork (1/2 lb), shredded
1/2 cup sweet chili sauce
1/3 cup pre-sliced green onions
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
12 square won ton skins (from Produce)
1/4 cup egg substitute (or 1 egg, beaten)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line baking sheet with foil. Shred pork if needed. Combine pork (including onions), chili sauce, green onions, and sesame seeds.
2. Place won ton skins, like a diamond, on work surface; brush with egg. Place about 2 tablespoons pork mixture on each won ton, down through the middle, from one corner to the opposite corner. Repeat for all won ton skins.
3. Bring up the other two corners (opposite sides), pinching to seal together, and place on baking sheet.
4. Coat won tons with spray; bake 10-12 minutes or until golden. Let stand 5 minutes to cool. Serve with extra chili sauce for dipping.
Total Time: 30 minutes (Makes 12.)
-- These recipes work well together or individually. Finish with gourmet pastries and desserts from the Publix Bakery.
-- You can serve any extra goat cheese mixture from the shrimp appetizer as a dip with chips. The pork recipe has a kick of heat; you can reduce the amount of chili sauce by one-half for a milder heat.