Caramel Apple Bliss
3 cups frozen nondairy whipped topping (8 oz)
3 medium Golden Delicious apples
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tablespoon cinnamon sugar
12 small Bakery sugar cookies
6 tablespoons caramel topping
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
-- Allow whipped topping to soften at room temperature for 30-40 minutes.
-- Peel apples and slice thinly.
1. Place apples, butter, and cinnamon sugar in microwave-safe bowl and cover; microwave on HIGH 5 minutes or until very tender. Stir to evenly coat apples.
2. Reserve 1 cup whipped topping and 2 tablespoons caramel for final layer.
3. Layer remaining ingredients (except salt) in a 3-quart serving bowl in this order: one-half each whipped topping, cookies, apples, and then caramel. Repeat layers.
4. Top with reserved whipped topping and caramel; sprinkle with salt. Chill 30 minutes. Serve.
Active Time: 15 minutes, Total Time: 1 hour (Makes 6 servings.)
Pumpkin Pecan Spice Cake
cooking spray with flour
1 (6-oz) bag pecans (1 1/2 cups), coarsely chopped
1 (17.4-oz) box cinnamon swirl quick bread mix
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
2 large eggs (or 1/2 cup egg substitute)
3 tablespoons canola oil
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup white chocolate cream cheese spread
-- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 9-inch-square baking dish (or muffin pan) with spray.
-- Chop pecans.
1. Whisk in medium bowl: bread mix, pumpkin, eggs, oil, and water until well blended. Pour one-half of the batter into baking dish; top with one-half each of the pecans and swirl mix (from bread mix). Repeat layers.
2. Bake 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes to cool.
3. Whisk cream cheese spread into icing from mix until well blended. Drizzle or spread over cake and serve.
Active Time: 10 minutes, Total Time: 45 minutes (Makes 9 servings.)
Chocolate Cranberry Cake
cooking spray with flour
1 box chocolate cake mix (15-16 oz)
1 (14-oz) can whole berry cranberry sauce
1 1/4 cups water
3 large eggs (or 3/4 cup egg substitute)
1/2 cup canola oil
1/4 teaspoon orange extract
1 cup bittersweet chocolate morsels
1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
whipped topping (optional)
-- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 13- x 9-inch baking dish (or Bundt pan) with cooking spray.
1. Combine all ingredients (except morsels and sugar) in medium bowl; mix with electric mixer 2-3 minutes or until well blended. Stir in morsels; transfer to baking dish.
2. Bake 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out dry. Let stand 10-15 minutes to cool. Dust with confectioners' sugar; serve with whipped topping.
Active Time: 15 minutes, Total Time: about 1 hour (Makes 12 servings.)
-- If you're going to be busy baking, plan to pick up a quick and easy meal from the Publix Deli.
-- Substitute your favorite ice cream (for the whipped topping) in the Caramel Apple Bliss to make a scrumptious sundae.