1 1/2 lb grilling steaks (such as NY strip, ribeye, or skirt)
1 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning
1 (20-oz) bag refrigerated diced potatoes with onions
2 tablespoons herb garlic butter
1/3 cup creamy peppercorn salad dressing
2 tablespoons cooked bacon pieces
1 bag baby lettuce blend (6–8 oz)
- Preheat grill. Sprinkle both sides of steaks with seasoning (wash hands). Combine potatoes and butter in microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave on HIGH for 5–7 minutes or until tender.
- Place steaks on grill and close lid; grill 4–5 minutes on each side and until steaks are 125°F (for medium rare; warm red center), 130°F (for medium; warm pink center), or up to 170°F (for well done). Transfer steaks to cutting board; let stand 5–10 minutes before slicing. Temperature will rise 5–10°F during this time.
- Stir salad dressing and bacon into potatoes until evenly coated. Arrange lettuce on serving platter; top with potato salad. Cut steak diagonally, against the grain, into thin 1/8-inch-thick slices. Arrange steak slices over salad and serve.
NOTE: The doneness temperatures for medium rare and medium stated above are traditional temperatures used for cooking steaks, but are not recommended by the USDA. To maintain food safety, the USDA recommends an internal temperature of 145°F, as measured using a food thermometer, with a 3-minute rest time before carving.
8 oz mozzarella cheese
12 Bakery potato rolls
6 teaspoons herb garlic butter
1 (24- x 12-inch) sheet aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Cut cheese into twelve cubes. Cut a deep "X" into each roll; pull rolls open slightly.
- Place one cube of cheese into opening of each roll; top cheese with 1/2 teaspoon butter.
- Push rolls closed and place in center of foil. Bring up foil sides, then double-fold top and ends to seal the package. Bake 15 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve.