-- Place water on to boil for pasta; preheat grill
-- Prepare salad through step 2 - 5 minutes
-- Complete chicken and salad; serve - 25 minutes
12 ounces fresh broccoli florets (rinsed)
2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes
1 (16-ounce) bag frozen cavatelli pasta
1 lb boneless chicken cutlets
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 (7-ounce) can portabella mushrooms (undrained)
1/2 cup grape tomatoes (rinsed)
1 tablespoon basil pesto
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1. Fill large saucepan 3/4 full of water. Cover and place on high to boil for pasta. Preheat 2-sided tabletop grill.
2. Cut broccoli into bite-size pieces, if needed. Slice sun-dried tomatoes into 1/8-inch-wide strips; set both aside.
3. Stir pasta into boiling water. Boil 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until tender.
4. Coat chicken with cooking spray, then season with salt and pepper. Place chicken on grill (wash hands); close lid and grill 3-4 minutes or until internal temperature is 165°F. Use a meat thermometer to accurately ensure doneness. (If using regular grill, double cooking time, turning once.)
5. When pasta has cooked 8 minutes, stir in broccoli, mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, and grape tomatoes. Return to boil and cook 1-2 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
6. Drain pasta mixture and return to pan. Stir in pesto, butter, and cheese; cover and let stand 3 minutes.
7. Remove chicken from grill and cut into 1/4-inch-wide strips. Add to pasta mixture, toss, and serve.
Italian Side Salad
1/4 cup canned artichoke hearts
1/4 cup roasted red peppers
1 cup grape tomatoes (rinsed)
1 bag romaine salad blend (8-10 oz)
1/4 cup sliced green olives
1/2 cup seasoned croutons
1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
1. Dice artichokes and peppers into small, bite-size pieces. Slice tomatoes in half, if desired.
2. Place salad blend, artichokes, peppers, tomatoes, and olives in salad bowl; chill until ready to serve.
3. Add croutons and salad dressing; toss and serve.
For a unique salad, prepare the chicken recipe and refrigerate at least 2 hours. Toss with Italian dressing and serve.