-- Preheat grill; prepare steaks through step 1 - 5 minutes
-- Prepare potatoes and begin to grill - 5 minutes
-- About 10 minutes into grill time, begin to grill steaks - 10 minutes
-- Complete steaks and potatoes; serve - 20 minutes
Barbecue Steaks and Mushrooms
1 large sweet onion
6 oz whole portabellas
1 cup barbecue sauce
1 cup balsamic vinegar
Large zip-top bag
1 1/2 lb grilling steaks (ribeye, strip, or tenderloin)
-- Cut onion into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
-- Discard stems and gills (dark brown layers) from mushrooms.
1. Whisk barbecue sauce and balsamic vinegar until blended; reserve 1/2 cup of the sauce mixture for later use. Place remaining 1 1/2 cups sauce in zip-top bag with steaks and vegetables; seal bag. Let stand 10-15 minutes (or overnight) to marinate. Preheat grill (or grill pan).
2. Place steak and vegetables on grill (or grill pan), discarding sauce; grill 4-5 minutes on each side, or until steaks are 145°F and vegetables are tender. (Discard any remaining sauce that has been in contact with raw meat.)
3. Let steaks stand 5 minutes to rest. Slice mushrooms and steaks; drizzle with reserved 1/2 cup sauce mixture. Serve.
Warm Horseradish Potatoes
4 green onions, finely chopped
2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped
Nonstick aluminum foil
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 (22-oz) bag frozen seasoned red potato wedges
1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
3 tablespoons creamy horseradish sauce
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
-- Preheat grill (or grill pan).
-- Chop green onions and dill.
1. Tear off one sheet of foil; spread oil in middle of foil, then top with potatoes. Top with second foil sheet; double-fold all edges to seal.
2. Place foil pouch on grill over indirect heat; grill 20-25 minutes, turning occasionally, or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork and lightly browned.
3. Whisk remaining ingredients (except onions and dill) in medium bowl until blended. Stir in potatoes, green onions, and dill. Serve.
-- Complete your meal with corn on the cob, Cuban bread, and apple pie for dessert.
-- The potato wedges can also be oven-baked following package instructions.