-- Prepare pork chops and begin to cook - 10 minutes
-- Allow pork chops to slow cook - 8 to 10 hours
-- 15 minutes before serving, prepare succotash through step 2; prepare potatoes, complete succotash and serve - 15 minutes
Barbecue Pork Chops
1 (18-ounce) bottle barbecue sauce
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1 tablespoon flour
3/4 cup cooked sweet Vidalia onions and peppers
1 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin chops
1 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning
1. Preheat slow cooker on high.
2. Stir together in slow cooker: barbecue sauce, sugar and flour.
3. Stir in onions and peppers.
4. Sprinkle both sides of pork chops with steak seasoning. Add to slow cooker and submerge in barbeque sauce. Wash hands.
5. Cover, reduce heat to low and cook 8-10 hours. Serve.
3/4 cup water
1 (16-ounce) bag frozen succotash
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
pepper, to taste
1. Place water in medium saucepan. Cover and bring to boil on high heat.
2. Stir vegetables into boiling water, cover and return to boil. When boiling, stir, cover and reduce heat to medium. Cook 10-12 minutes, or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
3. Drain vegetables. Stir in butter, seasoned salt and pepper. Serve.
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
1 (20-ounce) package refrigerated mashed potatoes
3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
1. Mix all ingredients in microwave-safe bowl.
2. Cover and microwave on high 6 minutes stirring at two-minute increments. Stir and serve.
Vidalia onions are grown in only one place - Georgia. Available fresh in season or year 'round as Sweet Vidalia Onion & Pepper Sauce from the produce department.