-- Prepare salad and let stand - 10 minutes
-- Prepare fish and serve - 20 minutes
4 fish fillets (tilapia, snapper, or mahi; 1-1 1/2 lb), thawed
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon Greek seasoning, divided
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/4 cup pre-diced onions
1 (14-oz) can quartered artichoke hearts (drained)
1 (14.5-oz) can diced tomatoes (drained)
1/4 cup white wine
-- Always check fish for bones.
1. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Season both sides of fish with pepper and 1/2 teaspoon of the Greek seasoning (wash hands).
2. Place oil in pan, then add garlic and onions; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until onions are slightly softened.
3. Add fish fillets and top with remaining ingredients (including remaining 1/2 teaspoon Greek seasoning). Cover and cook 8-10 minutes, stirring vegetables once, or until fish is 145°F (or flesh separates easily). Serve.
Cucumbers and Tomatoes
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup pre-diced onions
1/2 cup Greek salad dressing
1/2 teaspoon Greek seasoning
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
-- Peel cucumber, if desired, then cut in half lengthwise. Slice thinly and place in medium bowl.
-- Cut cherry tomatoes lengthwise into quarters; add to cucumbers.
1. Stir in remaining ingredients until evenly coated.
2. Let stand 10-15 minutes to blend flavors. Stir and serve.
-- Complete your meal with black olives, hummus and pita bread (or pita chips), and lemon pie for dessert.
-- For a quick pasta salad, stir 1 cup cooked, chilled pasta into the Cucumbers and Tomatoes recipe. Increase the Greek salad dressing to 3/4 cup.