Italian Chicken With Rotini Pasta
- Total Time:
- Active Time:
1 lb boneless chicken cutlets
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon roasted garlic
1/4 cup white wine
12 ounces tri-color rotini pasta
1 (26-ounce) jar tomato/basil pasta sauce
1. Fill large saucepan half full of water. Cover and bring to a boil on high for pasta.
2. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Season both sides of chicken with seasoned salt and Italian seasoning (wash hands). Place oil in pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken (wash hands); cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
3. Stir pasta into boiling water. Boil 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until tender.
4. Add roasted garlic and wine to chicken; cook 3-5 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165°F. Use a meat thermometer to accurately ensure doneness.
5. Meanwhile, drain pasta and return to same pan. Stir in pasta sauce; cook on medium-high 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until thoroughly heated. Serve chicken over pasta.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 600kcal; FAT 11g; CHOL 65mg;SODIUM 920mg; CARB 82g; FIBER 6g; PROTEIN 40g;VIT A 15%; VIT C 15%; CALC 15%; IRON 30%