Basil Chicken With Fresh Tomato Sauce
- Total Time:
- Active Time:
25-30 fresh basil leaves (rinsed)
2 large tomatoes (rinsed)
4 boneless chicken cutlets
1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
2 teaspoons + 1 tablespoon minced garlic
4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat 2-sided tabletop grill. Chop basil (about 6 tablespoons) and tomatoes coarsely. Place tomatoes and 2 tablespoons of the basil in food processor (or blender); set aside.
2. Season both sides of chicken with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper (wash hands).
3. Combine in shallow bowl: 1 tablespoon of the oil, 2 teaspoons of the garlic, and remaining 4 tablespoons basil. Add chicken (wash hands); turn to coat evenly. Marinate 10 minutes, turning occasionally.
4. Place chicken on grill (wash hands); discard any remaining marinade. Close lid and grill 5-7 minutes, or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165°F. Use a meat thermometer to accurately ensure doneness. (If using regular grill, double cooking time, turning once.)
5. Meanwhile, process tomato-basil mixture with remaining 1 tablespoon oil 10 seconds or until smooth. Add vinegar and remaining 1 tablespoon garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; pulse 2-3 times or until just blended. Serve sauce with chicken.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 210kcal; FAT 9g; CHOL 65mg;SODIUM 360mg; CARB 7g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 27g;VIT A 15%; VIT C 45%; CALC 2%; IRON 8%