2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled, grated, and divided
12 cloves fresh garlic, grated and divided
1 pork tenderloin (about 1 lb)
Large zip-top bag
7 tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
4 ears fresh corn, husks and silks removed
8 tablespoons queso fresco (4 oz), crumbled and divided
2 limes, for juice
2 small jalapeño peppers, chopped
8 (6-inch) wooden skewers
8 large fresh basil leaves
1 cup fresh cilantro
1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
1/4 cup water
- Peel, then grate ginger and garlic (2 tablespoons each).
- Cut pork into bite-size cubes; place in zip-top bag (wash hands). Add to zip-top bag: 1 tablespoon garlic, 1 tablespoon ginger, 2 tablespoons oil, smoked paprika, and 1 teaspoon salt; toss to coat. Let stand to marinate.
- Preheat grill (or grill pan). Remove husks and silk from corn. Place corn in microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave on HIGH for 8 minutes. Meanwhile, crumble queso fresco, squeeze limes for juice (2 tablespoons), and chop jalapeños (remove seeds and membrane, if desired).
- Thread pork onto skewers (wash hands). Coat corn with 1 tablespoon oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Grill pork and corn 6–8 minutes, turning occasionally, or until corn is tender and pork is 145°F.
- Place basil leaves, cilantro, jalapeños, 2 tablespoons queso fresco, mayonnaise, lime juice, water, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, 4 tablespoons oil, and 1 tablespoon each garlic and ginger in blender (or food processor); blend until smooth.
- Remove skewers from pork. Drizzle about 2 tablespoons Ají Verde over each ear of corn; top with remaining 6 tablespoons queso fresco. Serve pork with remaining Ají Verde and corn.