Happy St. Patrick’s Day from all of us at Publix.
St. Patrick’s Day Headquarters
For the greenest St. Patrick’s Day celebration, start your planning right here at Publix. Browse below for refreshing kids treats, three delicious entrée recipes, and a classic Irish cocktail to delight your guests.
Active time: 20 minutes
Total time: 60 minutes
Makes about 10 shamrocks
12 oz white chocolate morsels
1/2 – 1 teaspoon green food coloring
2 cups mini twist pretzels
10 pretzel sticks
- Line a large surface with parchment paper. Heat the white chocolate morsels on the stovetop according to manufacturer instructions. Once they have melted, add green food coloring, continuing to stir until desired color is achieved.
- Place three mini twist pretzels in the melting chocolate, coat well, and remove one by one using a plastic fork. Arrange in a shamrock shape on the parchment paper (be sure they are touching so that the chocolate can bind them together). Add one pretzel stick to the chocolate, coat well, and arrange with the three dipped mini twist pretzels to give the appearance of a stem.
- Repeat with remaining pretzels and chocolate, stirring at regular intervals. Let cool according to chocolate manufacturer instructions. Clean cookware immediately, as chocolate will stick once hardened. Serve your shamrocks when cool, or store in an airtight container for up to one week.
Total time: 5 minutes
Makes 10 servings
1/2 gallon lime sherbet
10 cups or glasses, approximately 8 oz each
2 liters lemon-lime soda
Place two scoops of lime sherbet in the bottom of each cup or glass. Pour lemon-lime soda over sherbet, being careful to contain foam. Serve immediately.
Leprechaun Lemon Fizz
Total time: 10 minutes
Makes 1 serving
3 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon warm water
3/4 oz fresh squeezed lemon juice
2 oz Irish whiskey
1/2 oz sweet vermouth
Splash of seltzer water
Lemon twist, for garnish
- Mix honey in warm water until dissolved to make honey syrup.
- Fill cocktail shaker with ice; add 1/2 oz honey syrup and all ingredients (except seltzer water and garnish).
- Shake well; strain into an ice-filled Collins glass.
- Top with a splash of seltzer water and garnish with a lemon twist.
St. Patrick’s Day Recipes