-- Prepare rice through step 1 - 5 minutes
-- Prepare turkey and begin to marinate - 5 minutes
-- Prepare broccoli, complete both rice and turkey; serve - 10 minutes
Zesty Lemon Basil Turkey Cutlets
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons canola oil
large zip-top bag
1 pound turkey breast cutlets
1. Place seasoned salt, basil, lemon juice, and canola oil in zip-top bag; seal tightly and shake to blend. Add turkey, seal tightly, and knead bag to evenly coat turkey. Set aside 5 minutes to marinate. (Wash hands.)
2. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes.
3. Add turkey, using tongs, and cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until internal temperature reaches 170°F. Use a meat thermometer to accurately ensure doneness. Serve.
1 (6-ounce) box Mexican fiesta rice (10-minute variety)
2 cups tomato juice
1/2 cup water
1. Stir all ingredients together in medium saucepan. Bring to boil over medium-high heat.
2. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 minutes.
3. Turn heat off, leave covered saucepan on burner, and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork and serve.
1 (12-ounce) bag broccoli florets
1/3 cup water
1/2 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
pepper, to taste
1. Place broccoli and water in microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave on HIGH 4 minutes.
2. Drain; stir in remaining ingredients. Serve.
This recipe works just as well with boneless, skinless chicken breasts.