-- Prepare potatoes and begin to fry - 15 minutes.
-- Prepare burgers; complete potatoes and serve - 15 minutes
Veggie Cheeseburgers With Special Sauce
1/4 cup light mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon roasted garlic
1/4 teaspoon hickory-flavor marinade
1 tablespoon ketchup
1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
1 medium tomato
1 medium red onion
4 (2 1/2-ounce) frozen vegetarian burgers
4 Bakery French hamburger rolls
4 Swiss cheese slices
1 cup shredded lettuce
1. Combine in small mixing bowl: mayonnaise, roasted garlic, marinade, ketchup and granulated garlic.
2. Wash tomato and onion. Peel onion. Slice tomato and onion into four 1/4-inch slices.
3. Cut 1/2-inch slit in burger bags. Place on microwave-safe plate and microwave on high 3 minutes.
4. Slice hamburger rolls in half.
5. Assemble each sandwich as follows: Spread 1 tablespoon special sauce on bottom half of buns. Add burger patty, 1 slice cheese, 1/4 cup lettuce, 1 tomato slice, 1 slice onion and top half of bun. Place all 4 sandwiches on 1 plate and microwave on high 1 minute. Serve.
Sweet Potato Fries
1 (32-ounce) bottle canola oil
2 medium sweet potatoes
1 teaspoon cinnamon sugar
1. Place oil in large saucepan and heat on high 10-12 minutes, or until oil reaches 350°F.
2. Wash potatoes and cut ends off. Using vegetable peeler, peel potatoes.
3. Slice potatoes in half then into 1/4-inch slices lengthwise. Cut potatoes into 1/4-inch strips.
4. Using tongs, place one potato strip into oil. If oil bubbles up and potato begins to immediately cook, then oil is hot enough.
5. Using tongs, carefully place remaining potatoes in oil. Fry 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
6. Place paper towels in medium mixing bowl to absorb excess cooking oil. Using slotted spoon, remove potatoes and place in bowl with paper towels.
7. Remove paper towels, sprinkle fries with cinnamon sugar and toss to coat. Serve.
Fresh sweet potatoes are an excellent source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C and dietary fiber.