-- Assemble sandwiches, cover and set aside - 10 minutes
-- Prepare soup and begin to cook - 20 minutes
-- While soup cooks, grill sandwiches; serve - 10 minutes
Turkey Avocado Panini
1/3 cup Caesar-bacon salad dressing
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
8 slices Bakery multigrain bread
9 oz sliced smoked turkey lunch meat
1 large (or 2 small) avocado (rinsed)
4 tablespoons cooked bacon pieces
8 thin slices Swiss cheese (5 oz)
1. Preheat two-sided tabletop grill (or panini pan). Stir together in small bowl, salad dressing and mustard until blended. Spread mixture evenly on one side of all bread slices. Divide turkey slices evenly over four of the bread slices.
2. Cut avocado into quarters, then slice thinly (discard skin); arrange slices over turkey. Sprinkle one tablespoon of the bacon pieces over avocado, then top each with two slices cheese.
3. Place remaining bread slices on sandwiches; dressing to the inside. Coat top side of each sandwich with cooking spray. Place sprayed side down on grill; coat remaining side and close lid of grill. Grill 3-4 minutes or until bread is golden and cheese melts. Slice and serve.
Broccoli Cheese Soup With Pasta
1 teaspoon canola oil
1 cup fresh pre-diced onions
2 (14-oz) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 (14-oz) box deluxe macaroni and cheese dinner
12 oz fresh broccoli florets (rinsed)
1 (10.75-oz) can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 (10.75-oz) can condensed Cheddar cheese soup
1 cup toasted cheese snack chips
1 large zip-top bag
1. Preheat large saucepan on medium 2-3 minutes. Place oil in pan; swirl to coat. Add onions; cook 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add broth; cover and bring to a boil for pasta. Measure 1 cup of the macaroni pasta from dinner kit (reserve remaining pasta for another use); stir pasta into boiling broth. Boil 9 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until tender.
2. Meanwhile, microwave broccoli (in bag or in microwave-safe bowl) on HIGH 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Whisk together in medium bowl, both soups and cheese sauce (from dinner kit).
3. When pasta is tender, stir in soup mixture (do not drain pasta or discard broth). Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in broccoli. Cook 7-10 more minutes, stirring occasionally, or until soup is thoroughly heated. Place cheese snack chips in zip-top bag and crush coarsely; sprinkle over soup and serve. (Makes 8 servings.)
Add additional chicken broth, if desired, to adjust the thickness of the soup.