-- Prepare turkey through step 8 - 20 minutes
-- Prepare salad; complete turkey and serve - 10 minutes
Turkey Asparagus Sauté With Tortellini
1 pound turkey tenderloin
2 tablespoons quick-mixing flour
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
large zip-top bag
1 tablespoon garlic butter
1 pound fresh asparagus
1 (9-ounce) package refrigerated three-cheese tortellini
1 (16-ounce) jar Alfredo sauce
1. Fill large saucepan 1/2 full of water. Cover and bring to a boil on high heat for tortellini.
2. Cut turkey into bite-size pieces; wash hands. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes.
3. Place flour and seasoned salt in zip-top bag and shake to mix. Add turkey; seal tightly and shake to coat.
4. Place butter in pan and swirl to coat. Using tongs, add turkey and cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally to brown on all sides.
5. Wash cutting board and hands with hot, soapy water. Rinse asparagus and cut 1-2 inches from the base of each spear and discard. To do this quickly, group half the spears together, align the ends and slice with a sharp knife. Cut remaining asparagus into 1-inch pieces.
6. Stir tortellini into boiling water. Boil 7-9 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender.
7. Add asparagus to turkey; cover and cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
8. Rinse lemon, then cut in half and squeeze juice into turkey. Stir in Alfredo sauce; reduce heat to low, cover and cook 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
9. Drain tortellini and return to pan. Stir turkey mixture into tortellini and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 619kcal; FAT 34g; CHOL 164mg; SODIUM 1483mg; CARB 43g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 37g; VIT A 22%; VIT C 49%; CALC 22%; IRON 17%
1/2 cup grape tomatoes
6 cups Italian blend salad (3/4 bag)
1/4 cup lite burgundy basil vinaigrette
1/4 cup seasoned croutons
1. Rinse tomatoes.
2. Place salad blend in large salad bowl. Add dressing and toss to mix well.
3. Top with tomatoes and croutons. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 62kcal; FAT 3g; CHOL 0mg; SODIUM 222mg; CARB 7g; FIBER <1g; PROTEIN 1g; VIT A 30%; VIT C 28%; CALC 2%; IRON 4%
To catch the seeds, squeeze the lemon into your hand letting the juice run through your fingers into the sauté pan.