-- Put water on to boil for rice
-- Prepare salad through step 2 and chill - 5 minutes
-- Complete stir-fry and salad; serve - 25 minutes
Thai Peanut Chicken
2 cups water
1 cup basmati rice
3 tablespoons sesame oil
1 tablespoon roasted garlic
1 pound steak topper vegetables (contains fresh pre-sliced mushrooms, onions, and red/green bell peppers)
1 cup broccoli florets
1 pound chicken cut for stir-fry
1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
1 tablespoon cornstarch
3 tablespoons peanut sauce
unsalted peanuts (optional)
1. Place water in medium saucepan. Cover and bring to boil on medium for rice. 2. Stir rice into boiling water, cover, and reduce to low. Simmer 20 minutes.
3. Preheat wok (or large sauté pan) on high 2-3 minutes. Place oil in wok and swirl to coat. Add garlic (pan should sizzle), steak-topper vegetables, and broccoli. Cook 2 minutes, stirring often.
4. Move ingredients to outer edge of wok and add chicken to center. Cook chicken 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and thoroughly cooked.
5. Combine teriyaki sauce and cornstarch in small bowl, using fork, until cornstarch dissolves. Stir peanut sauce and teriyaki mixture into wok. Cook 2-3 minutes, stirring often and combining all ingredients, until sauce thickens. Serve over rice and garnishwith peanuts, if using.
1 (8-ounce) bag shredded lettuce
1 cup pre-diced tomatoes
1 small yellow squash (rinsed)
1/4 cup refrigerated ginger salad dressing
1. Place lettuce and tomatoes in salad bowl.
2. Cut squash into 1/2-inch cubes and add to lettuce; chill until ready to serve.
3. Toss with dressing and serve.
The unsalted peanuts add an authentic touch to this recipe. However, adding 1/2 cup peanuts will raise the fat grams by about 50%.