Nonstick aluminum foil
1 cup nacho cheese-flavored tortilla chips, crushed
Large zip-top bag
1 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup sliced almonds
1 teaspoon taco seasoning
1/4 cup egg substitute (or 1 egg, beaten)
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line baking sheet with foil. Place chips in bag and crush with fingertips. Shred cheese (1/2 cup); add to chips.
- Add almonds, seasoning, and egg to corn chips; shake to coat. Scoop tablespoonful-size mounds onto baking sheet, placing 2 inches apart. Bake 20–25 minutes or until cheese is melted and almonds are toasted.
- Let stand 10 minutes or until cool. Place in airtight container; store for up to 3 days.
14 tablespoons unsalted butter
4 cups mini salted pretzels (8 oz), coarsely crushed
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
6 tablespoons malted milk powder
2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Cover baking sheet with parchment paper. Melt butter. Place pretzels in large bowl and crush. Add both sugars and milk powders; toss to combine. Stir butter into mixture until blended.
- Spread pretzel mixture in an even layer on baking sheet; bake 15–18 minutes or until browned. Let stand 10 minutes to cool before breaking into pieces. Serve. (Makes 12 servings.)