-- Prepare rice and begin to microwave - 5 minutes
Prepare chicken; complete rice and serve - 20 minutes
2 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
large zip-top bag
1 lb chicken breast cutlets
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup white wine
1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 tablespoon dried oregano
4 thin slices Swiss cheese (3 oz)
1. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place flour and seasoned salt in zip-top bag; shake to mix. Add chicken (wash hands); seal tightly and shake to coat.
2. Place butter in pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken and residual flour (wash hands); cook 2-3 minutes on each side to brown.
3. Add wine, broth, and oregano. Bring to boil and cook 6-8 minutes, turning chicken occasionally, or until liquid is reduced by about one-half.
4. Top each cutlet with 1 cheese slice; cover and cook 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with sauce.
Vegetable Wild Rice
1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/3 cup water
1 (16-ounce) bag frozen baby corn blend (corn, broccoli, baby cob corn, carrots)
1 tablespoon butter
1 (6.2-ounce) box 5-minute long grain/wild rice
1. Place broth, water, vegetables, and butter in microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on HIGH 8 minutes, stirring once, or until vegetables begin to soften.
2. Stir in rice and seasoning packet (from rice). Cover and microwave 5 more minutes. Let stand 3-5 minutes or until most of water is absorbed. Serve.
Chicken cutlets are thin, tender slices of boneless chicken breast. They cook quickly and make a great last-minute meal solution.