2 (3-oz) packages shallots, coarsely chopped
3 tablespoons light brown sugar
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 1/2 lb grilling steaks (ribeye, NY strip, or tenderloin)
1 1/2 teaspoons Bakery bread-dip seasoning (Sicilian)
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 tablespoons crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- Preheat grill (or grill pan).
- Chop shallots.
- Place shallots, sugar, vinegar, and red pepper in small saucepan on medium-high. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 8–10 minutes or until 8-10 minutes or until sauce has thickened and shallots are tender.
- Season steaks on both sides with bread-dip seasoning and coat with oil (wash hands). Place steaks on grill; grill steaks 4-5 minutes on each side or until steaks are 145°F (for medium rare).
- Remove steaks from grill; let stand 5 minutes to rest. Pour shallot sauce over steaks; sprinkle with cheese. Serve.
8 oz frozen nondairy whipped topping
1 cinnamon coffee cake with crumb topping (12-17 oz)
4 medium fresh peaches
1 cup maple syrup
1 cup sweet white wine (or 100% white grape juice)
- Set topping out to thaw.
- Crumble about 3/4 of the coffee cake coarsely (to make 4 1/2 cups); reserve 1/2 cup crumbs for garnish
- Peel peaches and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Combine syrup and wine in medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat; cook 10-12 minutes, stirring often, or until sauce has reduced by about one-half.
- Add peaches to sauce; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until peaches are tender. Chill 15-20 minutes or until ready to serve.
- Layer the dessert, in eight parfait glasses, in this order: 1/4 cup each cake crumbs, peaches and sauce, then whipped topping. Repeat layers with remaining ingredients. Sprinkle reserved crumbs over parfaits. (Makes 8 servings.)