-- Prepare cabbage recipe - 20 minutes
-- Using clean knife and cutting board, prepare steak recipe and serve - 20 minutes
Steaks With Avocado Butter
1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
2 avocados, quartered
Juice of 1 lime
3-4 oz fresh cilantro
1/4 cup light sour cream
1 1/2 teaspoons chopped garlic
1 teaspoon Complete seasoning, divided
1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
1 lb extra-thin-sliced beef steaks (top round, sirloin)
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons water
1 (4-oz) bag watercress leaves
-- Slice onion; peel and quarter avocado.
1. Place avocado into food processor bowl; squeeze juice of lime over avocado. Add cilantro (1 1/2 cups), sour cream, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon of the Complete seasoning, and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper; process 1-2 minutes or until smooth.
2. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Season both sides of steaks with remaining 1/2 teaspoon Complete seasoning and 1/4 teaspoon pepper (wash hands). Place oil in pan, then add steaks; cook 1 minute on each side. Remove steaks from pan; cover to keep warm.
3. Place onions and water in same pan; cook 1-2 minutes or until onions begin to soften. Add watercress; cook 30 seconds, stirring continuously, or until wilted. Place greens on serving platter, then steaks; top with avocado butter and serve.
Simmered Cabbage and Cubanelles
1/2 head green cabbage, thinly sliced
1 small sweet onion, thinly sliced
2 Cubanelle peppers, thinly sliced
3 slices thick-cut bacon
1 (16-oz) box reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
1/4 teaspoon pepper
-- Slice cabbage (4 cups); place in large bowl.
-- Slice onions and peppers; add both to cabbage.
1. Preheat large saucepan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Cut bacon into bite-size pieces and place in pan; cook 4-5 minutes or until well browned and starting to crisp.
2. Stir in cabbage mixture. Cook 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously, or until cabbage begins to wilt. Stir in remaining ingredients; cover and cook 10-15 minutes or until tender. Serve.
-- Complete your meal with rice, Cuban bread, and fruit pastries for dessert.
-- The steak recipe makes a great sandwich. Spread the avocado butter over the bread and top with the steak and watercress.