-- Prepare salad through step 1 - 10 minutes
-- Prepare shredded beef, toss salad, and serve - 15 minutes
Spanish Shredded Beef
1 1/2 cups water
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon roasted garlic
1 (17-oz) package fully cooked beef pot roast
1 (8-oz) can Spanish tomato sauce
1/4 cup sofrito (Spanish seasoning sauce)
1 tablespoon minced onions
2 tablespoons sliced green olives
1 tablespoon capers
4 drops hot pepper sauce
2 cups instant rice
1. Place water, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and salt in medium saucepan and cover; bring to a boil on medium-high for rice.
2. Preheat large saucepan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place 1 tablespoon oil and garlic in pan; cook and stir 1 minute or until heated and fragrant. Stir in remaining ingredients (except rice); cook and stir 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
3. Stir rice into boiling water and cover; remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Remove beef from heat; shred meat using two forks. Fluff rice with fork. Serve.
Tangy Side Salad
1 cup grape tomatoes
1/4 cup roasted red peppers
1 bag romaine salad blend (8-10 oz)
1/4 cup sliced green olives
1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
-- Slice tomatoes in half, if desired.
-- Peel cucumber and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
-- Dice red peppers finely.
1. Place salad blend and all ingredients (except dressing) in salad bowl. Chill until ready to serve.
2. Add dressing; toss and serve.
-- Complete your meal with sliced onions, feta cheese for the salad, and guava pastries for dessert.
-- For a tasty wrap-and-go meal, place equal parts rice and beef on a flour tortilla; top with shredded cheese, roll, and serve.