-- Prepare enchiladas and begin to bake - 10 minutes
-- Prepare rice and serve - 20 minutes
Southwest Beef and Black Bean Enchiladas
1 package fully cooked beef pot roast (15-17-oz)
1 (8-oz) can tomato sauce
2/3 cup salsa verde
6 (10-inch) flour or corn tortillas
8 oz shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
1 (15-oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
2 tablespoons chopped green chiles, divided
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Microwave pot roast on HIGH 2-3 minutes or until warm. Transfer gravy (from pot roast) to medium saucepan. Finely shred meat using two forks; place in medium bowl.
2. Stir tomato sauce and salsa verde into gravy; cook on medium 3-4 minutes or until hot. Add 3/4 cup of the gravy mixture to pot roast. Spread 1/2 cup gravy mixture over bottom of 9- x 13-inch baking dish.
3. Spoon down center of each tortilla: 1/3 cup beef mixture, 1/4 cup cheese, 3 tablespoons black beans, and 1 teaspoon chiles. Roll tortillas around filling and place, seam side down, in baking dish. Top enchiladas with remaining 3/4 cup gravy mixture and 1/2 cup cheese. Bake 18-20 minutes or until cheese melts and enchiladas have browned slightly. Serve.
2 cups water
1 (5.4-oz) packet quick-cooking fiesta rice
1 (12-oz) bag frozen whole kernel corn
3 tablespoons chopped green chiles (undrained)
1. Place water in medium saucepan. Cover and bring to boil on high.
2. Stir in rice (with seasonings), corn, and chiles; cover and return to boil.
3. Stir, cover, and reduce heat to medium; cook 8 minutes.
4. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork and serve.
-- Complete your meal with sour cream, salsa, and lettuce shreds for the enchiladas, with Key lime pie for dessert.
-- The chiles can be removed from both recipes for a milder flavor.