-- Prepare snapper recipe - 30 minutes
-- During last five minutes, prepare salad and serve
Snapper Provençale On Yellow Rice
1 (10-ounce) package yellow rice mix
2 1/2 cups water
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
2-3 medium shallots (rinsed)
1 (4-ounce) can mushroom pieces (drained)
1 cup canned herb/garlic diced tomatoes (drained)
1/3 cup sliced black olives
1/3 cup white wine
2 1/2 teaspoons capers
1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 1/2 pounds snapper fillets (ask to have skin removed)
1. Combine rice mix, water, and 1 tablespoon olive oil in medium saucepan; bring to boil on high. When rice boils, cover, and reduce to low; simmer 15 minutes.
2. Peel and chop shallots (3 tablespoons); place in medium bowl. Stir in mushrooms, tomatoes, olives, wine, and capers. Mix flour and seasoned salt in shallow bowl.
3. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in pan; swirl to coat. Dredge fish in flour mixture; place in pan (wash hands). Cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden.
4. Remove rice from heat; let stand 10 minutes. Pour tomato mixture over fish; reduce to medium and cook 4-5 minutes, stirring often, or just until fish is opaque and separates easily with a fork. Fluff rice with fork; serve fish and sauce over rice.
Caesar Side Salad
1 bag romaine salad blend (8-10 oz)
1/2 cup seasoned croutons
1/3 cup Caesar salad dressing
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Place salad blend in salad bowl.
2. Add remaining ingredients; toss and serve.
Shallots are small in size and a member of the onion family. They have a milder, more delicate flavor.