-- Preheat oven
-- Prepare pork chops and begin to bake - 10 minutes
-- Prepare slaw; serve - 15 minutes
Smoky Bacon Pork Chops
Nonstick aluminum foil (optional)
3 oz pepper Jack cheese, shredded
3 green onions, finely chopped
4 (1-inch-thick) bone-in pork chops (about 1 3/4 lb)
2 teaspoons mesquite seasoning
1/4 cup cooked bacon pieces
1/4 cup light olive oil mayonnaise
1 teaspoon chipotle pepper sauce
-- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line baking sheet with foil.
-- Shred cheese (3/4 cup). Chop onions.
1. Season pork chops with mesquite seasoning; place on baking sheet (wash hands). Combine cheese, onions, bacon, mayonnaise, and pepper sauce. Spread cheese mixture evenly over pork chops.
2. Place on middle rack of oven; bake 8-9 minutes.
3. Increase oven heat to broil; broil 2-3 more minutes or until pork is browned and 145°F. Serve.
5-6 radishes, thinly sliced
1/3 cup sliced pepperoncini, finely chopped
3 green onions, coarsely chopped
1 bunch cilantro, coarsely chopped
Juice of 1 lime
2 tablespoons canola oil
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
6 cups shredded cabbage
-- Slice radishes (1/2 cup); chop pepperoncini.
-- Chop onions and cilantro (1 cup).
-- Squeeze lime for juice (2 tablespoons).
1. Whisk lime juice, oil, salt, pepper, and pepperoncini until blended.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients just before serving.
-- Complete your meal with sweet potato fries, Cuban bread, and carrot cake for dessert.
-- For a less spicy version, use one-half of the pepper sauce and substitute Monterey Jack cheese for the pepper Jack cheese.