-- Prepare meat for shepherd's pie; begin to simmer - 5 minutes
-- Meanwhile, prepare beans; begin to cook - 5 minutes
-- Complete shepherd's pie and beans; serve - 5 minutes
Skillet Shepherd's Pie
1/4 cup pre-diced red onions
4 tablespoons butter, divided
1 (18-ounce) container fully cooked barbecue beef
1 (11-ounce) can Mexican-style corn (drained)
1 1/4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
3.6 ounces garlic and Cheddar flavored mashed potato mix (1/2 box)
1 3/4 cups water
1. Place onions and 2 tablespoons of the butter in large sauté pan on medium-high. Cook 3 minutes or until onions begin to brown.
2. Stir in barbecue beef, corn, and 1 cup of the cheese; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until hot.
3. Combine in microwave-safe bowl, 1 pouch potatoes, 1 packet seasoning mix, water, and remaining 2 tablespoons butter; microwave on HIGH 4-5 minutes or until heated.
4. Stir remaining 1/4 cup cheese into potatoes; spread over beef mixture. Cover and cook 1-2 minutes or until hot. Serve.
Homestyle Green Beans
2 (14.5-ounce) cans cut green beans (drain 1 can)
1 tablespoon cooked bacon pieces
1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1. Stir all ingredients together in medium saucepan (including liquid from 1 can).
2. Cover and cook on medium 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until hot. Serve. (Makes 6 servings.)
Heat barbecue beef and potatoes separately following recipe instructions. Assemble in baking dish for an easy potluck entree.