-- Prepare pork through step 3; begin to simmer (25 minutes)
-- Prepare salad and complete pork; serve (10 minutes)
Skillet Pork with Red Chile Sauce
1 medium tomato, coarsely chopped
1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
1 pork tenderloin (about 1 lb)
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 (8-oz) pouch chipotle cooking sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar
8 small corn (or flour) tortillas
-- Chop tomato, onion, and cilantro.
-- Cut pork into bite-size pieces (wash hands).
1. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Season pork with salt and pepper. Place oil in pan, then add pork; cook 3-4 minutes, turning occasionally, to brown on all sides. Remove pork from pan.
2. Place onions in same pan; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until tender.
3. Reduce heat to medium-low; stir in tomatoes, cooking sauce, and sugar, then stir in pork. Cover and simmer 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until sauce begins to thicken and pork is 145°F. Sprinkle cilantro over pork; serve in tortillas.
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
2 medium avocados, halved
1/3 cup Deli roasted corn poblano salad
3 tablespoons spicy ranch dressing, divided
Crispy tortilla strips (optional)
-- Chop cilantro and tomatoes; place in medium bowl.
-- Cut avocados in half; discard seed. Scoop out some of the avocado, leaving about 1/2 inch to form a bowl; chop the (scooped out) avocado.
1. Stir avocado pieces and corn salad into tomatoes until blended.
2. Spoon tomato mixture into each avocado half (about 1/2 cup); drizzle with dressing. Top with tortilla strips. Serve.
-- Complete your meal with sour cream and guacamole (for the pork) and Key lime pie for dessert.
-- The pork has a mild flavor. Add a little more brown sugar to sweeten it up or add some hot sauce to kick up the flavor.