-- Prepare steaks and begin to marinate - 5 minutes
-- Prepare rice through step 2 - 10 minutes
-- Grill steaks and complete rice; serve - 15 minutes
1 1/4 lb boneless NY strip steaks
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup fat-free sun-dried tomato vinaigrette
1 packet brown gravy mix (about 1 oz)
Large zip-top bag
1. Preheat grill (or grill pan). Cut steaks into 4 portions, if desired; season with salt and pepper (wash hands). Place vinaigrette and dry gravy mix in zip-top bag; shake to mix. Place steaks in bag; seal tightly and knead bag to coat steaks. Let stand 10 minutes to marinate.
2. Place steaks on grill and cover loosely with foil (or close lid), discarding marinade; grill 4-5 minutes on each side or until 145°F (for medium rare). Let steaks stand 5 minutes to rest. Serve.
Creamy Rice Primavera
2 tablespoons butter
2 teaspoons minced garlic
4 oz fresh pre-sliced baby portabellas
8 oz tomato trinity (fresh diced onions, tomatoes, bell peppers)
1 (8.8-oz) pouch precooked white rice
1/2 cup Alfredo sauce
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
4 fresh basil leaves
1. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place butter in pan, then add garlic and mushrooms; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until browned.
2. Stir in tomato trinity; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until peppers are tender and onions are browned.
3. Stir in rice, Alfredo sauce, and cheese, then cover. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Chop basil leaves finely (1 tablespoon). Stir into rice and serve.
-- Complete your meal with a fresh salad blend, French bread, and Key lime pie for dessert.
-- Slice the cooked steaks thinly and serve over fresh salad greens for a tasty, hearty salad.